Prayers

May 2, 2011

Adapted bedtime prayer for adults


All I did was copy and paste this from Facebook.  It's everywhere today, the day I woke up to find that Usama Bin Laden has reportedly been shot and killed and then buried at sea by THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.
I couldn't resist passing it on, and I have no idea who thought this up, nor do I take any credit for originating it in any way.  I'm just passing it on and marking this day in my blog.  No telling what will happen next in this world, but today I feel America is united in a good way.  Sadly, it's the first time in a long time I have felt that way.  I have some extra hope today.  Enjoy this if you haven't already seen it.
Now I lay me down to sleep, one less terrorist this world does keep.

With all my heart, I give my thanks, to those in uniform regardless of ranks.

You serve our country and you serve it well, with humble hearts, your stories tell.
...

So as I rest my weary eyes, while freedom rings, our flag still flies.

You give your all, do what you must...with God we live and God we trust.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

These are my thoughts, which sometimes drive me crazy and sometimes keep me sane, but are always entertaining. I call this Lace Your Days With Hope because I can't find enough hope to make an entire quilt out of. Stay tuned, and add your own!